There has been a school in Lavendon since 1839. The old school building (which is now the Railway Nursery), was in use by 1875. Log books from 1907 until the 1980s are amazing historical artefacts held within school.
In March 1971 the first classes were relocated into the current building of Lavendon School which was about half its current size.
In 1977 a further extension opened, taking it to its current size for children from 4 – 11 years. Children are admitted into school in the September of the academic year in which they become five. We have also added a further extension in the last couple of years, which is where Acorn Class is based.
The school building is situated in very attractive grounds which contain a wide variety of shrubs and trees. The external area also consists of a playing field incorporating an environmental studies area and pond, a tarmac playground and paved area and an imaginative play area for Early Years children.
Internally, the school has six carpeted classrooms and three Shared Areas which are designed to provide facilities for a variety of practical activities. In addition, there is a separate well stocked library, a fully equipped hall and a technology area resourced for teaching Computing & Design and Food Technology, a music room and workspace for teachers.
The teaching facilities, and the immediate surroundings, offer exciting learning opportunities for children. The school is accessible to all parents and visitors.
From 1st September 2017 we will have 161 pupils on roll, and the children are grouped into seven classes:
Acorn Class Early Years
Chestnut Class Year 1
Beech Class Year 2
Elm Class Year 3
Sycamore Class Year 4
Maple Class Year 5
Oak Class Year 6
Our year groups are small and we therefore have an excellent pupil/teacher ratio.